Both a public-sector reinsurer and a reinsurer operating in the life, non-life and specialty lines, CCR also develops high value-added services for its customers.
CCR is a public-sector reinsurer that provides cedants operating in France with coverage against natural catastrophes and uninsurable risks.
CCR is also a full-service reinsurer operating on the French and international markets in the life, non-life and specialty lines of business.
Established in 1946, today CCR ranks among the world's top 25 reinsusers.
Incorporated as a limited liability company (Société Anonyme) and wholly owned by the French State, CCR guarantees its business partners solid long-lasting relationships.
The Company presents the particularity of offering unlimited cover, for specific classes of business in the French market, with the guarantee of the French State. This applies especially to natural disasters.
CCR manages public funds on behalf of the State.
CCR is a public-sector reinsurer that provides cedants operating in France with coverage against natural disasters and uninsurable risks
CCR Re is a full-service reinsurer operating on the French and international markets in the life, non-life and speciality lines of business
CCR key dates
- 2017Creation of CCR Re , a wholly-owned subsidiary of CCR, dedicated to open market reinsurance activities.
- 1992CCR becomes a French limited liability company ; an agreement is concluded for State-guaranteed activities.
- 1982Establishment of specialty lines reinsurance with the State’s backing: war risks, nuclear risks, natural disasters, terrorist attacks and acts of terrorism.
- 1979CCR is authorized by the French Supervisory Ministry to operate freely as a reinsurer without the State’s guarantee.
- 1946Establishment of the Caisse Centrale de Réassurance (CCR) , a public institution with commercial operations whose primary vocation is to further the control of the insurance industry by conducting conventional reinsurance operations.