What are cookies?
Cookies are small text, image or software files that are placed and stored on your device when you access our Websites. The word “device”, when used in this Policy, means computers, smartphones, tablets and any other device used to access the Internet.
Cookies can be:
- session cookies, which means that they are deleted from your terminal once the session and the browser are closed,
- or persistent cookies, which means that they are placed on your device until they are deleted.
What kind of information can be stored in a cookie?
The information stored by the cookies placed on your device is the following:
- the name and IP address of the device you used,
- the different pages you browsed,
- the date, time and duration of your browsing activity,
- the URL through which you visited our Websites.
However, in order to protect your privacy, CCR and CCR RE do not associate cookies with any information that would otherwise identify you.
What purpose do cookies serve?
- Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are necessary for the operation of our Websites and cannot be disabled in our systems. They are generally set up as a response to actions you have taken that constitute a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling out forms. You can set your browser to block or be notified of the existence of these cookies, but your browsing activity on our Websites will be affected. These cookies do not store any personally identifying information.
These cookies are disabled by default. They allow us to determine the number of visits and the traffic sources, to measure and improve the performance of our Websites. They also help us to identify which pages are most/least visited and to assess how our visitors browse our Websites. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymised. If you do not accept these cookies, we will not be informed of your visit to our website.
These cookies are disabled by default. They allow us to improve and personalise the functionality of our Websites. They may be activated by our staff, or by third parties the services of which are used on the pages of our Websites. If you do not accept these cookies, some or all of these services may not work properly.
- Targeting and advertising cookies
These cookies are disabled by default. They may be placed on our Websites by our advertising partners. They may be used by these partners to profile your interests and provide you with relevant advertisements on other websites. They do not store personal data directly but are based on the unique identification of your browser and Internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will not receive targeted advertising.
These cookies are disabled by default. They are enabled by the social media services we have added to our Websites to give you the ability to share their content with your network and your friends. They also allow us to track your browsing on other websites and profile your interests. This may affect the content and messages displayed on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies, you will not be able to use or view these sharing tools.
How long do cookies last?
How to express your choices regarding cookies?
Apart from the strictly necessary cookies, you can express your choice:
- In the information banner that appears when you first connect to our Websites. This banner allows you to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or set your preferred cookie settings. A link will allow you to learn more about the purpose of the cookies and how they work.
If you choose to reject all cookies, this will not prevent your browsing activity from continuing. If you have not made your choice in the information banner when you first connect to our Websites, you can accept, refuse or change the cookie settings at any time via the cookie manager available here: Thus, you may at any time choose to deactivate the cookies that require your consent.
- For Internet Explorer™: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- For Safari™: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=fr_CA
- For Chrome™: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647
- For Firefox™: http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies
- For Opera™: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
This Policy is dated 26 March 2021 and can be found on our Websites.
The information contained in this Policy is for information purposes only. It may be amended, corrected, updated or deleted, in whole or in part, at any time and without notice by CCR and CCR RE.