As a public reinsurer, CCR is mandated to operate in the public interest. As such, CCR provides insurers operating in France with coverage of exceptional risks.
Wholly-owned by the French State, the Company conducts, for certain activities, missions essential to the public authorities.
State-guaranteed Reinsurance activities cover:
• The reinsurance of natural disaster risks under the compensation scheme,
• The reinsurance of attacks and terrorist acts,
• The reinsurance of exceptional risks linked to a shipment.
CCR is responsible for the accounting and financial management of public funds on behalf of the State
• long-term reinsurance solutions, e.g. coverage against natural catastrophes,
• short-term reinsurance solutions whenever required, e.g. public-sector provision of credit reinsurance during the 2008 financial crisis.